Are You Worried About Your Hormonal Balance?
Hormones have an incredible impact on our quality of health – and therefore our lives. They can affect everything from mental health to sexual vitality to our ever-so-important sleep cycles. If you have experienced chronic symptoms that affect your appetite, weight, libido, ability to start or expand your family, be content in life or sleep well (not to mention a myriad of other things), hormone balancing might be an appropriate natural health therapy solution for you.
To give you a better idea of whether or not you are a good candidate for Hormone Therapy, here are five signs that your hormones are out of whack:
- You’re tired & “off”; you just don’t feel like yourself
- Your libido has decreased significantly
- You can’t shake yourself of bizarre cravings
- You can’t lose weight despite earnest efforts with your diet and exercise
- You feel like Will Ferrell in Anchor Man: Stuck in a glass cage of emotion that you can’t escape, and is driving you and everyone around you completely crazy.
The difference between starting and stopping menstruating is when you start everyone is out to get you, when you stop you know it’s you. —Dr. Renee Young
At Young Wellness Center we will get to know you and learn about the negative symptoms affecting your life. If we determine that you are a good candidate for hormone therapy, we will suggest following one (or more) of the following:
- Stress Hormone Testing
- Male & Female Sex Hormone Testing
- Metabolic Hormone Testing
- Thyroid Hormone Testing
- Blood Sugar Regulating Hormone Testing
- Neurotransmitter Testing (Related to happiness & anxiety)
- Sleep Hormone Testing
Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy
Bioidentical hormone replacement therapy is a natural health therapy that simply reproduces hormones that have an identical molecular structure as the hormones naturally produced by your body. Because of their identical molecular structure, your body is able to metabolize them into your body naturally and with minimal side effects.
At Young Naturopathic Center For Wellness, we recommend Bioidentical Hormone Replacement Therapy as an alternative to some other more mainstream treatments that involve chemical injection and ingestion. We understand that sometimes chemicals are necessary, but we are committed to identifying the root cause of your health issues, treating the cause and teaching you how to optimize your health naturally.
1. We will run laboratory tests to determine your hormone levels and identify any hormonal imbalances.
2. Once your individual needs have been identified, Doctors Young and Chrystal will prescribe bioidentical estrogen, progesterone, testosterone, DHEA, cortisol or thyroid hormones.
3. You will be required to be carefully monitored through regular follow-up visits so that we can ensure you are administered the lowest possible dosage to relieve symptoms and obtain optimal wellness.
4. Follow up tests will be administered every three months for s specified amount of time (varies from patient to patient).
5. Once we have determined that your hormones are balanced, you will be tested as needed or during your bi-annual exam.