The word “vitamin” stems from vita, the Latin word for “life,” which also gave rise to the words “vital” and “vitality.” And vitamins are, indeed, a vital thing when it comes to feeling full of vim, vigor, and vitality!
Your body needs adequate supplies of 13 essential vitamins for optimal health: vitamins A, C, D, E, K , and the B vitamins thiamine (B1), riboflavin (B2), niacin (B3), pantothenic acid (B5), pyroxidine (B6), biotin (B7), folate (B9) and cobalamin (B12). It also requires 10 essential amino acids and a whole slew of trace minerals to keep you feeling good.
Under normal conditions and with few exceptions (like Vitamin E, the “sunshine vitamin”), we get these nutrients from the food we eat. But sometimes, that isn’t enough to keep us feeling the way we should.
There are many reasons a person might need nutrients above and beyond what they can get from food.
- Poor intestinal absorption (including anyone with gut health issues like Crohn’s disease, colitis, leaky gut, or Irritable Bowel Syndrome)
- Sustained high physical activity (such as performance athletes)
- Low nutrient content in food (due not only to poor diet but to depleted soils and nutrient loss during food storage, transport, and/or preparation)
- Increased need for nutrients due to stress or chronic illness
Nutritional IV therapy offers an easy and effective way to get that extra boost of nutrients without having to spend all day at the dinner table.
Nutritional IV Therapy: A Direct Burst of Vitality
Nutritional IV therapy is just what it sounds like: instead of ingesting vitamins and minerals orally, they are injected into the vein and absorbed directly into the bloodstream, bypassing the digestive tract altogether.
The effects are fast and often truly amazing. It provides a quick shot of vital nutrients that your body can absorb thoroughly right away. For many patients, it’s literally like pouring water on a wilted plant: you can see them perk up almost immediately.
I recommend nutritional IV therapy for anyone who is interested in:
- Increased energy
- Improved athletic performance
- Better mental health (including relief from depression)
- Pain relief (such as from arthritis or fibromyalgia)
- Improved complexion (IV therapy is great for boosting collagen levels in your skin)
- Faster recovery from illness, surgery, or overexertion
- Better hydration
- Allergy relief
- Immune support
- Support for liver, gallbladder, and digestive ailments
- Improved vascular and heart health and heart disease prevention
- Respiratory system support
- Heavy metal detoxification
- Decreased inflammation
- Help with chronic viral and bacterial infections such as Lyme’s disease, hepatitis, herpes simplex, strep, staph, and candida
- Overall vibrant health
Watch my video above to learn more about Nutritional IV Therapy!
It’s important to note that too-high doses of some nutrients can be harmful to your body. That’s why Nutritional IV Therapy should always be done under a qualified doctor’s supervision. At Young Naturopathic Center for Wellness, we custom formulate each patient’s formula and make sure to integrate this therapy safely into your overall health plan so you’ll get the full benefits and none of the risks.
Ready for a burst of vitality? Call us today to speak with our Patient Care Concierge about whether Nutritional IV Therapy is right for you.